Friday, August 1, 2008

Looking more like spring time every day...

So, I must say that I have read Casey's blog and she goes into much more detail than I do about our Moz trip. She does history and background and personal reflection. I didn't do that. I was (and maybe still am) on a vacation high and felt the need to recap every single moment of every single day while on vacay. But I tried to break it up with random pictures....???



Anyway, I am doing well. I am finished training trainees. Wow, they swear in next week already. Time really does fly here. I just finished another training workshop for myself. PSN = Peer Support Network. Which means I'm a good listener for others who need it. I've never had formal active listening training -- there's much more to it than I every thought. I could never be a psychologist or psychiatrist. Sometimes I can't seem to filter the sarcastic comments. ?? Don't know where that comes from.



So I'm headed back to site tomorrow. Hopefully the kids will all be back again. It's so weird and quiet without them. Oh so I FINALLY turned in the grant application for the playground. Hopefully things will move quicker versus slower. I already got two swings from my dad. He and mom mailed them with a bunch of Blowpops. Loved it all!! I realized i'm just not much of a grant-applying person. It's sort of an internal struggle, when considering the foundation and ideals of PEACE CORPS as a whole. So I kept putting it off and off and off...Anyhow, go to this website and search "Lesotho" or my name to see if anything's posted yet (I just assume my country director and D.C. will approve it...?):

https://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=resources.donors.contribute.donatenow&#


I'm also excited that Abigail has returned too. My partner in crime in Ha Makhata. If that's even possible in a village. Really though, I always feel more motivated when she's around.



It's official. The length of daylight is getting longer every day now in Lesotho. We have made it past the long day of darkness/middle of winter hump. Thank goodness. Don't get me wrong. Late at night and early in the morning the temperature is still NOT acceptable. But, the fact that springtime is coming means rainshowers and greener Lesotho. And wife beaters and sunscreen and my Keens sans wool socks. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT WILL OFFICIALLY BE ONE YEAR that I am a PCV in 2 weeks??!!!?? I can't. I can but I can't. It's the weirdest thing in the world. Well, the whole concept of time is different and that's what makes it so weird. Makes me scared to think about home and what I'll do when I return. Had a few people COS (finish) the same time I was in Moz. People I actually worked with and got kinda close to. There's no reality like saying goodbye to someone you may never see again in your life, but always have this bond that nobody else understands. Ahhhhh, I can tell already I'll be a sappy RPCV.



Okay, congratulations to everyone who has gotten engaged that I know. I feel like it's....mmm...ohh....50% of EVERYONE i'm friends with... Changes. 25-30 must be the ideal 'changes in your life' time. Ahhh you really wouldn't understand what I'm referring to unless you've ridden in a Lesotho taxi with that particular song blaring...Anyway, i'm happy for you all!



Love the fam and close friends! I think of you often.

Ryan&Krista&Mom&Dad: In 4-6 months, I'll be seeing you all.
John and Yoli and Blake - In March/April??? We'll talk and figure it out, John.

<3 Am

No comments: