Saturday, November 8, 2008

A blog that's actually updated would be nice, hey?

The latest and greatest:


After I set my alarm clock for 530am, then 630am and STILL NO ELECTION RESULTS on the BBC, I set it once more for 8am and that's when I officially found out that Mr. Obama will be our next president starting in January 2009!!! I was so excited that people in my village probably thought I was crazy. (As if they don't already...) Anyway, I had no idea how close the race was actually going to be, seeing as I don't have live 24-hour TV coverage and only very in-and-out BBC stations. All in all, I was proud to hear the results and proud of young, American voters. Well, proud of ALL voters actually. And thank goodness for BBC. (Just ask my Mom how much I refer to comments or book reviews or World HAve your Say talk shows that are featured on BBC. Yes, it's my only REGULAR source of news.)



On another note, the playground has begun. I bought half of the materials and decided to take on Miss Carpenter Professional role. So, I've rolled up my sleeves: cut a tire in half with both a handsaw and a hacksaw, cut mapalanka (2x4's) and hammered a few nails. So, check out what we came up with as our first playground piece. Balance boards. A bunch of new pics are posted my Picasa Web Album page, which I think there is a link for on this blog...somewhere. Anyhow, check them out and tell me what you think so far...

Also, does anyone have any information or suggestions for A) treating wood, B) covering logs with tar? before burying them underground (think swingset poles), C) using a hand drill, and D) what material besides Sand, Woodchips or Rubber that I could use as a shock absorber fior protection purposes underneath the equipment.



THANK YOU to ALL the DONORS!!! This wouldn't have been possible without you!



Stay in touch in whatever way possible (I still love snailmail the best). Or email, phone call, skype text, or FB.



Stay well "sala hantle"


<3>

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey had a great Thanksgiving! Soooooooooooo much food and u hardly ate any. lol

Unknown said...

Oh by the way MISS U MUCH!!!!